CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Family Prayer Challenge

At a family event at our church, the Children Minister challenged families to ask each other what we could be praying for them.
One night at dinner, I asked J. Bear what I could pray for her for. She just giggled at me and said she didn't know. Torpedo said " I know, that J. Bear and I don't fight with each other." Then he continued to say " I know what you could pray for Big Daddy for." I said "what Torpedo?". He said " That his poop doesn't stink anymore."
Great!
That night we were saying our bedtime prayers. I decided to still pray for Big Daddy's poop to not stink. As silly as that sounds, I wanted the kids to realize there is nothing too small, too big, or too funny sounding to pray for.
I just hope they know that God's answer isn't always "yes"!

0 comments: